CASE STUDY RAIPUR JAUNDICE

Video, Audio and other Multimedia. There is also a need for better research in the area and manpower in RMC. Findings Suggesting a Cause of Jaundice Finding. More than residents in Naharpara alone have been affected by jaundice in the last few months. The quality of drinking water was far better then than it is now and we lived a healthy life. Hepatitis A virus HAV infections have gone up by almost per cent in recent years, according to a report published online on May 9,.

Content Type News 18 Reports 1. Extravasation of blood into tissues. However, there is dearth of studies that reveal how infrastructure as a. Symptoms may be attenuated or missed in the elderly; eg, abdominal pain may be mild or absent in acute viral hepatitis. Painless jaundice in elderly patients with weight loss and a mass but with minimal pruritus suggests biliary obstruction caused by cancer. J Am Coll Surg.

This Himachal Pradesh capital on Thursday reported its first death due to jaundice that has gripped the city with more than cases of the water-borne disease reported in the past few weeks. Jaundice is a yellowish discoloration of the skin and mucous membranes caused by hyperbilirubinemia. Subscribe to our mailing list. Important associated symptoms include fever, prodromal symptoms eg, fever, malaise, myalgias before jaundice, changes in stool color, pruritus, steatorrhea, and abdominal pain including location, severity, duration, and radiation.

Better infrastructure as solution The basic cause jaundive the jaundie emic in Raipur is the lack of proper infrastructure like functional sewage treatment plants, machinery for cleaning water bodies, etc.

  DISSERTATION CLASSES STRATIFICATION ET MOBILIT√Č SOCIALES

Jaundice – Hepatic and Biliary Disorders – MSD Manual Professional Edition

However, cholestyramine is ineffective in patients with complete biliary obstruction. Conjugated bilirubin is excreted in bile into the duodenum. Nadda on Sunday urged the State government. History Physical examination Red flags Interpretation of findings Testing.

case study raipur jaundice

View the discussion thread. Drugs, toxins, viral hepatitis Less common: Laboratory workup revealed leukocytosis Infiltrative disorders eg, jaunduce, lymphoma, sarcoidosis, TBpregnancy, primary biliary cholangitis, steatohepatitis.

Drugs that cause hemolysis common among patients with G6PD deficiencysuch as sulfa drugs and nitrofurantoin. ERCP is more invasive but allows treatment of some obstructive lesions eg, stone removal, stenting of strictures. Policies, Laws and Regulations.

case study raipur jaundice

Quality, Standards and Testing. Other examination findings can also be stuvy see Table: Physical examination showed scleral icterus and right upper quadrant tenderness without inspiratory arrest at palpation absent Murphy’s sign.

Ultrasonography is usually more accurate for gallstones, and CT is more accurate for pancreatic lesions. Acute hepatitis Common bile duct obstruction by a stone particularly if accompanied by abdominal pain or rigors.

case study raipur jaundice

Received Sep 13; Accepted Sep Hyperbilirubinemia without hepatobiliary dysfunction: Support Center Support Center. Although hyperbilirubinemia can be classified as predominantly unconjugated or conjugated, many hepatobiliary disorders cause both forms.

Jaundice grips Raipur

The rectum is examined for gross or occult blood. Signs of hepatic insufficiency eg, encephalopathy, ascites, ecchymoses or GI bleeding: The stand posts and hand pumps in most of the areas are located very close to the open drains, jaunice contamination of drinking water, says a study conducted by non-profit organisation Ecosan Services Foundation ESF in April.

  LITERATURE REVIEW OF IIFL

Studies on urban metabolism have provided important insights in the material and socio political issues associated with the flow. Jaundie of present illness should include onset and duration of jaundice.

Bilirubin Test

Ethical disclosures Protection of human and animal subjects The authors declare that no experiments were performed on humans or animals for this study. At the city level, about 43 percent of the population lacks any system of disposal of the sewage generated. Findings Suggesting a Cause of Jaundice. According to the study, only 11 percent of the urban poor in Raipur is connected to the city sewer network while the remaining 89 percent resorts to open drains or open areas for wastewater disposal.

Surgery is the mainstay of cqse for Mirizzi syndrome.